Scanner Frequencies are available nationwide with our powerful and easy to use interface. Our scanner frequency databases are updated weekly, directly from the source, to insure you receive the most up-to-date information possible.
Where to Start
Entity Name (DBA) Lookup Example: You may want to search for railroads in your area but the exact entity name is unknown. Entering 'Rail' will find all entities containing the word 'Rail'.
»view suggested searches
- Entity Names (All) - returns all entity names for a specified County and State. This search is useful for finding abbreviated names or uncommon spelling of entity names.
- Radio Service Code Group - The radio service codes available from the FCC have been combined into groups. Each group reflects the industry to which the code applies, such as: Amateur, Antenna, Aircraft, Coast & Ground, Cellular, Commercial and Restricted, Land Mobile Commercial, Land Mobile Private, Microwave, Personal Communication Service, Paging, Ship and General Mobile Radio Service.
- Radio Service Code - The FCC has provided radio service codes which are assigned to the entity (DBA) by their industry type. This search allows you to find information based on the radio service code, city and state.
»view radio service codes
- Frequency - Predefined Bands - Most industry types are assigned a pre-defined band (range) for frequencies. Search pre-defined bands such as Aircraft, Military, Railroads, Government, Public Safety and more from 29 MHz up to 928 MHz. If you are not sure of the Entity Name (DBA), this search provides an excellent starting point.
- Frequency - Specific - Returns detailed information of a specific frequency.
- Frequency - Range - Searches a range of scanner frequencies.
- Trunked Frequencies - Search for trunked scanner frequencies by City, County or State.
- Combine Search - Narrow your search results with this advanced search interface. We have integrated four of the following search tools: Entity Name Lookup, Radio Service Code, Class Station Code and Frequency Range. This new design allows you to quickly create simple to complex queries.
- NASCAR frequencies - Tune in with our 2005 NASCAR scanner frequencies and other 2005 race series. Listen to drivers, crew chiefs, spotters and officials. Check out the latest news from our Race Series Links. Locate your favorite raceway or speedway and search for related scanner frequencies from the Raceway and Speedway links.
- FIPS/SAME Codes - Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) / Specific Area Message Encoding (SAME). This link provides nationwide FIPS/SAME codes. A scanner user who wants to receive emergency alerts from the National Weather Service (NWS), can use this link to locate their county FIPS code.
- Cross-reference searches. - Our powerful Cross-reference search allows secondary searches to easily locate the information you are looking for. Example: when viewing the results from your search, you will notice that some information such as Call Sign, Frequency and Entity Name are links. By clicking on these links, a secondary search will be executed within the searched State based on the field selected.
Example: If you click on a frequency, a secondary search will be performed returning all entities in that State with the selected frequency. Clicking on Call Sign will return all records in that State with the selected call sign. Entity Name will perform a "begins with" search in the previously searched State. This powerful cross reference search is useful for locating all scanner frequencies related to an entity or call sign and to view other entities using the same scanner frequency.
- View search results or download results to a common .CSV file. The downloaded files can be used to program scanners.
- Similar searches are available for Canadian Scanner Frequencies.
Details of the United States frequencies include the following information:
- Call Sign
- Entity Name
- Radio Service Code
- Station Code
- Grant Date
- Expire Date
Details of the Canada frequencies include the following information:
- Transmit Frequency
- Receive Frequency
- Licensee Name
- Class of Station
- Call Sign
- District Office
- Station Location
- Date Assigned
- Effective Radiated Power(ERP)